Cybersecurity is no joke, and not having a security tool for your network can leave you vulnerable and prone to numerous online threats. Amongst numerous choices, picking the right one is important since you need to assess whether it’s fit for your network or not.
In addition to this, you should also choose a reliable internet provider that offers reliable security at its end. We can quote Xfinity xFi Advanced Security in this matter which prevents cyberattacks on your network. If you’re intrigued about choosing it, then simply look for Xfinity availability, and get one for your need.
If you’re interested in choosing a standalone cybersecurity tool, then we’ve prepared a list below that you can check out:
1. SolarWinds Security Event Manager
It’s one of the best tools for large businesses and comes with a 14-day trial period too. If you’re looking for a network and host intrusion detection tool, then this is it. SolarWinds Security Event Manager packs some essential security features, including real-time monitoring and reporting.
Apart from this, it houses the following perks, which make it a compelling choice:
- Indexed log.
- Cloud-based scalable solution.
- Security information and event manager features.
- A comprehensive set of integrated reporting tools.
With all-in-one features, this tool surely packs the right defenses that will help protect your organization from online threats.
Best for small businesses and web professionals, Acunetix is a paid cybersecurity tool that provides competitive defense against online threats. With protection against more than 7000 web vulnerabilities, it gives application testing and on-development services for securing yourself better.
Some additional features include:
- Macro recording technology for assessing different security vulnerabilities.
- Powerful assessment and protection against threats.
- Scheduling and prioritizing scans and actions.
- Seamless system integration.
Acunetix is surely one of the best picks for cybersecurity tools that you can get for your network. You can request a demo account too but the best features unlock with the paid version.
3. Cain and Abel
Like the name, Cain and Abel are one of the oldest cybersecurity tools that you can pick for protecting your network. From identifying weaknesses in the network to recovering passwords, it gives an edge to network administrators in securing the network.
Apart from this, the software packs some splendid features, including:
- Find vulnerabilities in various systems of Windows.
- Records VoIP communications.
- Analyzes routing protocols.
- Free tool for disclosing password boxes.
- Use brute force attacks for cracking passwords and decoding.
It’s one of the best tools that you can have for password protection and securing your network.
Formerly known as Ethereal, Wireshark is one of the best cybersecurity tools this year. It comes with a packet sniffer attribute that network professionals can use to monitor network protocols and locate any vulnerabilities.
Apart from this, it comes with the following features:
- Store and identify data packet attributes.
- Identify weaknesses in network security.
- Keeps network packets in a readable format.
- Collects necessary information on all network levels.
In addition to this, Wireshark is an open-source cybersecurity tool that you can get and rely on for the protection of your network.
Offering a comprehensive protection protocol, SiteLock prevents your online presence from malicious sites and cyber threats. In addition, it comes with a 30-day trial period that lets you experience how it works.
Some of the features that come with its plan include:
- Daily scans for malware, viruses, etc.
- Automatic malware removal feature.
- Websites scanning and backup.
- Content delivery enables zero time for high traffic.
- Web application security
- Supports various CMS environments.
SiteLock is an excellent tool for protection against malware especially if you’re choosing tools for your existing CMS.
Using penetration testing, Metasploit ensures that any vulnerabilities are identified throughout the entire network. It makes it easier for organizations to get in-depth security analysis, helping them run tests and prepare defense protocols.
Apart from this, it houses some additional splendid features, including:
- Detects over 1500 network segmentation exploits.
- Uses penetration testing for assessing network infestations.
- Metasploit Pro comes with database assessment and validations.
- Open-source version.
- New vulnerability for network security.
Metasploit brings an exciting array of features that helps secure your internet network, whether home or commercial.
Well, there you have it! With these amazing cybersecurity tools, you can rest easy and have a perfectly working network defense. Again, ensure that your network provider has capable security too so that you remain secured from the hub as well. Then, choosing any of the abovementioned tools will help fortify the security of your network.