Dragon Age Inquisition Won,t Launch: Dragon Age Inquisition is a popular role-playing video game developed by Bioware and released in November 2014. It is the third major addition in the Dragon Age franchise and is a sequel to the previously released Dragon Age: Origins.
It is available in a number of platforms which include Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. However, quite recently a lot of reports have been coming in of the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch in Windows 10. Although, users try to run the executable multiple times the game does not launch.
- 1 What Stops the Dragon Age: Inquisition From Launching?
- 2 How to Fix Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch in Windows 10
- 3 Final Thoughts
What Stops the Dragon Age: Inquisition From Launching?
1. Background Services: It is possible that a service running in the background might be causing the issue. Often, Windows services or even other third-party applications can prevent all the elements of the game from functioning correctly, therefore, causing the problem.
2. Administrative Privileges: The game might require administrative privileges in order for some of its elements to function correctly.
3. Full-Screen Optimizations: In some cases, the full-screen optimization feature of the Windows that was introduced to run the game as a “borderless Window” and to smoothen the gameplay might be interfering with certain elements of the game thus preventing it from launching,
4. Compatibility: Many programs are not adjusted to the architecture of the Windows 10 properly and thus cause issues. But luckily Windows 10 includes a feature in which you can run any program in compatibility mode for the previous versions of Windows.
5. Direct X/VC Redist: The Direct X and VC Redist are provided with the game inside the game installation folder. It is possible that the version of Direct X or VC Redist that you installed might be coinciding with the game and preventing it from launching.
6. Missing Files: In some cases, certain game files can become corrupted or even go missing.
How to Fix Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch in Windows 10
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps that you need to do to fix Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch issue you should first try to restart your computer as this will usually resolve issues caused by a software glitch.
Method 1 – Run A Clean Boot
One of the main causes of this problem is a service running in the background. This can be a third party service from one of the applications installed on your computer or by the Windows services Sometimes.
A simple reboot of the system can at once solve many problems including Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch. Also, it can solve errors that occurs during the installation of games and their subsequent work. The same applies to programs, applications.
Step 1: Log in as an Administrator.
Step 2: Click on the Windows Search bar, type in “msconfig” and press Enter
Step 3: Click on “Services” and make sure you check the “Hide all Microsoft Services” box
Step 4: Click on “Disable All” in order to disable all third-party services from running in the background.
Step 5: Right-click on the “Task Bar” and from there select Task Manager.
Step 6: Click on the Startup tab and make sure that all the applications are disabled.
Step 7: Reboot your computer.
- The Requested Operation Requires Elevation
- Windows Spotlight Not Working
- What is SppExtComObjPatcher.exe, Is It A Trojan?
Method 2 – Verifying Game Files
Many gamer had repeatedly encountered the situation when they had to reinstall the game. Apparently, this can be the case once reinstalling Dragon Age Inquisition corrects the matter. With what it is connected, it is not known, perhaps the antivirus or firewall at the time of installation “ate” some files or something else, but after installing the game again, it starts up, works.
Remove Dragon Age Inquisition and set up, paying attention to every detail during this process. Perhaps at some purpose, the program will request additional files, etc. In this step, we are going to be verifying the files of the game. For that:
Step 1: Open the Origin client and sign in to your account
Step 2: Click on the “Game Library” option on the left pane.
Step 3: Inside the “Game Library” tab, right-click on “Apex Legends” and select “Repair Game“.
Step 4: The client will begin to verify the game files.
Step 5: Once done, it will automatically download any missing files and replace the corrupted files if any.
Step 6: Run the game and check to see if the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch problem persists.
Method 3 – Re-Installing the Direct X and VC Redist
Perhaps the foremost vital condition, the requirement that must be met for games, including Dragon Age Inquisition, is that the computer has DirectX installed.
Without it, no toy will work. Almost all distributions that need DirectX put in have already got this set in their composition. The DirectX and VC Redist are provided with the game inside the game installation folder. For that follow the steps:
Step 1: Navigate to the:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist
Step 2: Run the “DXSetup.exe” and replace the previous versions.
Step 3: Similarly, Navigate to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc
Step 4: Run all the “VCRedist.exe” executables that are present inside the folder and replace the previous versions.
Step 5: Now restart your computer and check to see if the Dragon Age Inquisition Not Launching error persists.
Method 4 – Granting Administrative Privileges
Run the game as an administrator. In our case, to run Dragon Age Inquisition as an administrator, right-click on the game’s shortcut and select Run as administrator. Follow the given steps:
Step 1: Open the game installation folder, and right-click on the game executable.
Step 2: Select Properties and click on the Compatibility tab.
Step 3: Inside the Compatibility tab check the “Run as Administrator” box.
Step 4: Now run the game and check to see if the Dragon Age Inquisition crash on startup
h problem persists.
Method 5 – Disabling Full-Screen Optimizations
In some cases, the full-screen optimization feature of the Windows that was introduced to run the game as a “borderless Window” and to smoothen the gameplay might be interfering with certain elements of the game thus preventing it from launching. Follow the below steps:
Step 1: Open the game installation folder.
Step 2: Right–Click on the game executable
Step 3: Select Properties and click on the Compatibility tab
Step 4: Inside the Compatibility tab, check the “Disable Full Screen Optimizations” box.
Step 5: Now apply your settings.
Step 6: Run the game and check to see if the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch problem persists
Method 6 – Troubleshooting Compatibility
Some games don’t fully support the architecture of Windows 10 and therefore often run into issues while trying to launch or while playing. Here are some steps to follow:
Step 1: Open the game installation Folder
Step 2: Right-Click on the game executable and select properties.
Step 3: Click on the “Compatibility” tab and select the “Run Compatibility Troubleshooter” from compatibility.
Step 4: Now Windows will automatically determine the best operating system to run the game in compatibility mode for.
Step 5: Then click on “Try Recommended Settings > Test.
Step 6: If the program runs fine, apply the Settings and Exit.
Step 7: Run the game and check to see if the Dragon Age Inquisition Not Launching problem persists.
- WLDcore.dll is Missing Error in Windows 10, 8 and 7
- NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue
- The Default Gateway is Not Available
In extreme cases, there are situations when the operating system is still incompatible with Dragon Age Inquisition. Update your system using Windows (via Update Center). The game will work. If the manufacturer indicated compatibility, then it is responsible for it. Upgrade your operating system. Reinstalling the OS is an extreme case.