Electronic Arts’ The Sims 4 is a top-tier entry in the life simulation video game genre. The Sims 4 is the fourth major instalment in the series and is playable on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Mac.
Even though there aren’t any serious problems with the game, several users have reported getting an error message saying “The Sims 4 Script Call Failed” when trying to arrange their furniture.
If you’re experiencing The Sims 4 Script Call Failed Error, check out the solution guide. The game also starts crashing after the latest upgrades, which is worth noticing. Script call failed errors are only one of the many problems that can arise from utilising pirated or otherwise unapproved game add-ons.
The game’s recent additions, such as the Snowy Escape expansion, are also causing problems with the mods, resulting in crashes for a large number of users. Let’s not dally any longer and instead get into the manual down below.
Solutions to the “Script Call Failed” Error in The Sims 4
Make sure all add-ons/mods are functioning properly before moving on to potential workarounds.
1: Restoring Broken Video Game Data
- Open the Origin client and go to “My Games.”
- Now, select Repair from the menu that appears when you right-click the “Sims 4” icon.
- If prompted, select Yes, I want to confirm this action, and then wait.
- Once you’ve completed these steps, you can restart your computer to see if the error has been resolved.
If that’s the case, then use the procedure below.
2: Modifications to the Game:
- Be sure to make a copy of your PC’s game saves and any mod files you’ve downloaded.
- Verify that every modification you use has the most recent updates. You should notify the game’s developers if your mods are incompatible with the latest expansion.
- If you are using any unofficial third-party mods, you may want to remove them before continuing.
- Occasionally, mods that have just been updated can be the source of several difficulties owing to bugs or instability.
The Sims 4 Script Call Failed Error might also resist the second approach. If that’s the case, try option 3.
3: Return The Sims 4 to its original settings.
It goes without saying that restoring the game files to their original state will eliminate any problems or malfunctions.
- Open your computer’s File Explorer (This PC).
- Now, in the address bar, type in and press Enter:
- A copy of your The Sims 4 folder should be saved in case of emergency (Copy the folder to another drive).
- Next, give the Documents folder containing The Sims 4 a new name.
- Turn on your copy of The Sims 4 to see whether the problem still persists. [A new folder named “The Sims 4” will be generated in your Documents folder].
- When the error message stops showing up, it’s time to quit playing.
- Then, drag a single file from the renamed folder into the freshly made Documents folder.
- When you’re finished, restart the game and see if it resolves the problem.
- Keep checking to see if you’re still getting The Sims 4 Script Call Failed Error after copying and pasting each file individually.