Today, We will talk about VPN for Mac but before that let’s talk about what exactly a VPN is and how it works. As technology is upgrading day by day, people are being drawn towards technology and are engaged with technology. Almost each and every house now has a computer or laptop or a tablet which is not a bad thing. There are many free VPN for Mac options available on the internet.
We all should upgrade ourselves with technology; however, as the technology is an upgrading number of users is increasing, and so is the cybercrime rate, which is something we really should be concerned about. With an increasing number of cyber-crimes, the privacy of users is really a major concern now, and we have to be really alerted and careful while browsing.
This is the reason one must use VPN since VPNs help us in keeping our online privacy hidden and also lets us access various websites that might be blocked in our country or on our device or area etc. You can use a VPN to hide your IP address while browsing any private site on your Mac device.
But before selecting and using a VPN tool you need to know “what does VPN mean?” or “what does a VPN do?” knowing these things will help you in selecting a good VPN for your Mac device.
What a VPN Does and How to Choose Best Free VPN for Mac?
A VPN stands for “Virtual Private Network”, it primarily allows the user to send and receive data over public networks by extending users private over the shared or public network. VPN security models provide its users following:
- Confidentiality – meaning if your device in case got attacked, then the attacker will only be able to see encrypted data instead of your personal information.
- Authentication – it prohibits unauthorized users from accessing your network.
- Integrity – it detects any type of tempering if done to messages.
Hence, VPN is an excellent tool that will help you in keeping your identity private and maintaining your anonymity when browsing censored websites. Although, using a VPN is not an end solution to keep your privacy protected.
Is a Free VPN the Right Solution for Your Mac?
Well, not every VPN works the same way you expect it to neither it works very well with every Mac OS device. Hence, while selecting a VPN for your Mac device always go for a trial period first; it will help in understanding the VPN software and exploring all its features without wasting your money.
Download Free & Best VPN for Mac
So, let’s head to the number of VPNs that are free to use on your Mac devices.
#1 Hotspot Shield for Mac
This VPN comes in both variables, i.e., free and paid. This is the best-suited VPN to be used on Mac OS X and will give you access to the servers of the US.
Hotspot Shield can be installed and used on mobile phones and now, let’s take a look at its features:
- It secures the internet connection and also alerts the user in case the user is about to land on a malicious website.
- It acts both as a VPN as well as an anti-virus.
- Alerts the user before downloading malware from any suspected device.
- Will keep your real location a secret and hidden while browsing the censored sites.
#2 Express VPN for Mac
This is one of the best VPN you can install and use on your Mac device. Express VPN works on any device such as Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and is used by people all over the world.
It is easy to use and works very speedily; Express VPN offers you a number of features which are listed below:
- It assures your privacy and keeps it hidden, protected & protected disregarding of whatever website you are using.
- Gives you access to any server to any location, no matter where you are sitting, it will save you from facing any type of geological blocking.
- Express VPN lets you access any content such as video, music, social media, gaming websites, etc. by defeating censors and restrictions.
- It helps you to unblock and browse various websites from almost 145 locations in over 94 countries.
#3 Vypr VPN for Mac
Vypr VPN is fast, easy to use, stable and very intuitive software in comparison to other VPNs software. In technical terms, Vypr VPN is not an outsourced or hosted solution and strictly does not lie on any third party.
Let us take a look at Vypr VPN features:
- You can access any website globally with a 40+ global server location with a single click.
- Instead of just hiding your IP address, it masks your IP address with a random, fake IP address for your privacy protection.
- It allows you to choose from different speed variables such as OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec or Chameleon.
- It will keep your anonymity intact and protected with over 2,00,000 anonymous IP addresses.
- It can easily bypass any restricted or censored website.
#4 Bitdefender VPN for Mac
Bitdefender VPN is one of the most used and useful VPN you use on your Mac device. It offers you a convenient set of features that serves you in protecting your information private while browsing.
Bitdefender also has a home VPN system that you can use with ease other than its enterprise-level protection system. Let us take a look at Bitdefender VPN tool features:
- Its autopilot system allows you to identify the best connection you can possibly connect to or link up with.
- It uses a VPN set up as a form of protection to protect your privacy.
- You can easily get access to restricted content irrespective of internet censorship.
- When connecting to a website, it uses a separate server, so that your device won’t be identified easily.
- It hides your IP address by encrypting the data using its bank-grade encryption.
#5 Speedify for Mac
You can count on Speedify as the best VPN for your Mac if using multiple internet connections on a maximum speed is your priority.
Anyway, one must know that Speedify is one of the most used VPNs which comes with bonding technology and now let’s take a look at its features.
- The most important feature of Speedify is its no Log VPN policy by which, nothing can be traced or tracked by if you use a restricted content website.
- You can use almost all your connections and that too at the same time no matter if its 3G, 4G, Ethernet or Cable, you can use them all with great speed and reliability.
- Its Automated system connects you to the best possible connection, and you can also select your location manually.
- If your connection gets corrupted or slows down, then Speedify automatically uses its packet loss & error connection program, so you don’t lose your connection.
- It handles all the internet traffic very intelligently so that you remain connected to the best network at high speed.
#6 Hide.me for Mac
Hide.me is one of the best VPNs you can install on your Mac device, especially if you want to be an anonymous user and wants to maintain your anonymity. Hide.me software is compatible with Windows PC, Mac PC, Android & iOS.
The Hide.me VPN software comes as both free and paid & both variables have their own pros. Now let us take a look at hide.me features:
- Hide.me is an easy VPN software to use, you just have to install it on your device, and then you can start your free trial without any registration/sign up.
- It comes with an “auto-connect on start-up” feature which will automatically launch Hide.me whenever you log in to your device.
- It prohibits and avoids IP leak, i.e., avoid disclosing your IP address and won’t let any third party to access it.
- Hide.me ensures your device’s complete protection, i.e., if in any case your VPN connection drops then its default “kill- switch” feature automatically disconnects any activity running on your device.
- Its “auto-server selection” feature saves your time from searching and testing for the best fastest server, i.e., automatically connects the user with the fastest server.
- You can switch between almost 55+ locations all around the world.
#7 Private Tunnel for Mac
The private Tunnel VPN software is compatible with any platform, i.e., can be used on Windows, Mac, iOS & Android too with more than 50 VPN servers, making it one of the best VPNs.
Its tech team provides 24*7 support you can easily get help whenever you face a problem while browsing.
So, let’s have a look at the features of Private Tunnel VPN:
- Keeps your identity anonymous and maintains it persistently.
- Private Tunnel gives you free access to any restricted or censorship website all around the world in 12 countries with more than 50 servers.
- Protects your network against DDoS attacks, even when your network is vulnerable.
- Private Tunnel protects your IP Address by masking it and prohibits disclosing your information by encrypting all your data.
#8 Norton Secure VPN
Norton Secure VPN like most of the other VPNs is compatible with any device be it Windows, Mac, iOS or Android, and it is very easy to connect & use.
The software comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee, and you can also try it for free.
Norton Secure VPN provides you with the following features:
- Norton Secure VPN converts your data into an encrypted, unreadable & untraceable form to keep your identity secure, especially when you are connected to a public Wi-Fi.
- Gives you free access globally to almost any censored or content restricted website.
- It provides your bank-grade encryption, which means it encrypts your data when connecting to a network, so if your network gets attacked, then the attacker will only be able to see encrypted data.
- It lets you browse any network or website anonymously and also have Ad-Blocking featuring allowing you to browse at maximum speed with any interference.
#9 Proton VPN for Mac
Proton VPN is one of the best VPNs software which provides you with the security to the core, i.e., “Secure core” to keep your data and network protected from any malicious content.
Proton VPN is free to use like actually free without any later payment policy and can be used on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Let’s have a look at its features:
- Proton VPN is very easy to use and instantly connects you to the best service possible with its quick-connect feature.
- It allows you to create a custom profile for the connection you like so you won’t have to face any interference or disturbance connecting to the same network or website again.
- It comes with an instant “kill-switch” feature that automatically and instantly cuts off your internet connection if anyhow the VPN connection drops.
- You can connect to any server or website around the globe instantly with a single click only.
- Its Modern IKEV2 Protocol lets you browse through different servers at maximum speed.
#10 Nord VPN
For all the users who are pretty serious about protecting their online identity by being anonymous then Nord VPN software I just perfect for you.
Nord VPN comes with 256-bit key AES encryption to keep your data safe and protected.
Now let’s look at the features of Nord VPN:
- You can connect to up to 6 connections with a single Nord VPN account from your all personal or friend’s or family’s devices.
- It provides an advanced security suite “Cyber Sec”, that protects your online identity and data against any malicious threats.
- Its 24/7 customer support is ready to help you anytime you need them
- Its Smart Play technology permits you to stream your favorite sites around the globe.
- It uses Military-grade encryption.
#11 Tunnel Bear for Mac
It is a simple, handsome & secure VPN software to be used in your Mac device. Tunnel Bear VPN publishes regular and independent audits, which makes it different from the other VPNs.
Now, let’s take a look at its features:
- Its vigilant mode blocks all uncensored traffic it anyhow the user’s connection gets disrupted and keeps it block until the connection is reconnected to the server safely.
- It is lightning speed software that connects you to the possible fastest servers in around 20+ countries.
- Uses AES 256-bit military-grade encryption as default.
- Can be used from 5 different devices with carefully protecting your data.
- Provides safe and protected connection on public and other untrusted networks.
#12 SurfEasy VPN
SurfEasy is an easy, simple and powerful VPN to use and it comes in two offerings free and paid each one having their own pros of using.
You can try SurfEasy free on a 1-month trial and is packed with various features one must lookout.
So, let’s take a look at its features:
- You can use your SurfEasy account on up to 5 different devices.
- It offers you around 1000 different servers to connect globally in 25 countries.
- SurfEasy VPN obeys strict “no-Log rule,” i.e., does not retain any of your browsing or downloading activity.
- It can be used on multiple platforms, i.e., can be used on Mac, iOS, Android, Windows, etc.
- Gives a peaceful online experience by blocking any tracking cookies advertisers use by its Tracker Blocking Algorithm.
- It offers you Bank-grade Encryption and allows you to switch locations in just one click.
- 10 Best Free Voicemail Apps for iPhone
- Best iOS Emulator to Run iOS Apps on PC and Android
- Best Encryption Software for Windows or Mac
- 24 Torrent Sites – Only Top Rated and Best Torrent Sites
One more thing there are numerous free and paid VPN available in the market, so be careful to use them either it’s free or paid because VPN comes with restrictions.
Therefore, in this article, we have listed a few of the safest, free and powerful VPNs you can try them to maintain anonymity and for unrestricted browsing; till you find a VPN that fits your needs.