Looking to maximize your entertainment options with your Roku device?
In this SEO-optimized article, we’ll discuss how to get Amazon Prime on your Roku, explore the comparison between Roku and Firestick, answer whether Amazon Prime is free on Roku, and troubleshoot potential issues.
How to Get Amazon Prime on Roku
Roku is a leading streaming platform that gives you access to a wide range of channels and streaming services. Adding Amazon Prime Video to your Roku device is easy, just follow the steps below:
- Start by pressing the ‘Home’ button on your Roku remote.
- Navigate to the ‘Streaming Channels’ on your screen and select it to access the Roku Channel Store.
- In the Channel Store, use the search function to find ‘Amazon Prime Video.’
- Once you’ve found the app, select ‘Add Channel.’
- After installation, you can find Amazon Prime Video in your channel list. Open the app and log in with your Amazon Prime credentials. If you’re not a subscriber yet, you’ll need to sign up for the service.
Roku vs. Firestick: Which is Better?
Both Roku and Amazon Firestick offer comprehensive streaming solutions, but the best choice depends on your specific needs and preferences:
- Content Availability: Both platforms offer access to thousands of apps, including mainstream services like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video. However, Roku has a slight edge in terms of the sheer number of available apps.
- User Interface: Both devices provide user-friendly interfaces, but Roku is often praised for its simplicity and easy navigation.
- Voice Control: Amazon Firestick integrates seamlessly with Alexa, offering robust voice control capabilities. Roku also supports voice commands, but it’s generally not as advanced as Firestick’s Alexa integration.
- Cost: Roku offers a wider range of products at varying price points, which could make it a more affordable option, depending on the model chosen.
Is Amazon Prime Free on Roku?
While you can download the Amazon Prime Video app for free on Roku, the Amazon Prime service itself is a subscription-based platform.
This means you’ll need to have an active Amazon Prime subscription to access the content. As of September 2021, an Amazon Prime subscription costs $12.99/month or $119/year.
Troubleshooting: Can’t Access Amazon Prime on Roku?
If you’re having trouble accessing Amazon Prime Video on your Roku, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Check Your Internet Connection: Ensure that your Roku device is properly connected to the internet. You can check this in the ‘Settings’ menu under ‘Network.’
- Update Your Roku Device: Roku devices are frequently updated with the latest software. You can manually check for updates in the ‘Settings’ menu under ‘System’ > ‘System update.’
- Reinstall the App: Try removing and reinstalling the Amazon Prime Video app. You can do this by navigating to the channel on your Roku home screen, pressing the ‘*’ button on your remote, and choosing ‘Remove channel.’
While there are minor differences between Roku and Firestick, both platforms offer robust streaming capabilities. You can easily enjoy Amazon Prime Video on Roku, offering a wider choice for your streaming needs.
While the service isn’t free, it provides a vast library of content to explore, further enhancing the capabilities of your Roku device.