There has been extensive use of cyber technologies in the past years. Consequently, there was significant growth in cybercrime as well. It means that it has now become a necessity to have an Antivirus and, more importantly, the best Antivirus Software. Even if you’re well aware of potential threats, some threats can’t be prevented by just taking caution. One would need extra help from Antivirus software.
- 1 10 Best Antivirus Software – Free and Paid Antivirus For PC
- 1.1 1. Quick Heal Total Security
- 1.2 2. AVG Antivirus FREE
- 1.3 3. Avast Free Antivirus
- 1.4 4. Bitdefender Total Security
- 1.5 5. Webroot Antivirus
- 1.6 6. Comodo Internet Security
- 1.7 7. McAfee Total Protection
- 1.8 8. Eset Smart Security Premium
- 1.9 9. Dr.Web CureIt!
- 1.10 10. 360 Total Security
- 2 Conclusion
10 Best Antivirus Software – Free and Paid Antivirus For PC
Selecting the best Antivirus Software for PC from a competitive market segment can be a challenge. But we have come to your rescue. We have put forward some best Antivirus software from the market with their pros and cons. So that you can choose accordingly.
1. Quick Heal Total Security
Quick Heal is an Antivirus suite that tries to put everything you need front and center. It provides continuous notifications about whether the system is secure or if an issue needs your attention.
Once you get into each section, you are confronted with a lot of settings. An additional offer is keylogging protection, which is supposed to be turned on manually. Keyloggers are a type of malware that records your keystrokes to steal sensitive data like passwords and credit card details.
- Safe banking.
- Multifunctional parental control.
- PC Tuner has some handy features
- Data Theft Protection provides high control over USB access.
- Multi-device licensing is less than competitors.
- Malware protection is slightly lower compared to competitors.
- Incompatible with other Antiviruses
- Unintuitive menu
2. AVG Antivirus FREE
AVG Antivirus is one of the best free Antivirus Software on the Antivirus market. It has a generous free offering that provides users protection against the most modern malware. AVG Antivirus contains protection on Internet mechanisms, like blocking unsafe pages or emails, download monitoring.
AVG Antivirus also includes ransomware protection, a feature that many Antivirus Software hide behind a paywall. Additional protection measures, such as protection from spyware, Detecting, and neutralizing phishing/fraudulent sites, are also included.
- Unlimited devices.
- Easy to use.
- Powerful interface.
- A web security plugin.
- Very high ability in independent tests as a tool for malware protection.
- It has full-fledged free versions for Windows, Mac, and Android.
- Fast scan.
- Possible privacy issues.
- No Rescue Kit.
- Uncomfortable menu for detailed component settings.
- Average anti-phishing performance.
- The free version does not have a firewall.
- Complex support system.
- Confusing knowledgebase.
- No VPN.
3. Avast Free Antivirus
Avast free Antivirus has been around for years. Its one of the most flexible and fascinating security tools in the market. For a free Antivirus tool, Avast is well filled with features. Besides the expected on-demand and realtime virus scan capabilities and it features web and email protection.
In addition to that, a browser plugin that warns you from potentially risky links and bugs. And an additional setting allows programs on a known whitelist to run. There is an optional “hardened mode” setting. Like every software, Avast free has its strengths and weaknesses. Some of them are the following:-
- Detailed settings for every scan mode.
- High detection rate.
- Do not disturb mode can be set for different apps.
- Strong performance.
- Super-easy to use.
- Free password manager and free web-browser.
- Mobile security feature.
- The Antivirus is lightweight and doesn’t slow down a PC.
- Loaded with extra features.
- Highly customizable.
- VPN client.
- Continuous nagging until you upgrade.
- No automatic scanning of new drives connected to a PC.
- The boot scanning is too slow.
- Heavy performance hit.
- Possible privacy concerns.
- No Rescue Kit.
- No firewall.
4. Bitdefender Total Security
Bitdenfender Total Security is a product packed with features covering Firewall, Quarantine, and Antispam. It also facilitates Password Manager, Advanced Threat Defense, Parental control, Safe Files, and Ransomware Remediation. File Encryption, Webcam Protection, Data Protection, Safepay, VPN, Bitdefender Utilities are also included.
Other features include Behaviour-based detection and Vulnerability Scan. A unique feature is a dashboard on the main menu. It is customizable. It means that users can change, add, and delete elements depending upon their needs and preferences.
- Password manager.
- Cheap subscription.
- Subscription includes frequent updates.
- Option for integrated VPN.
- Super-easy to use.
- Small performance impact.
- Accurate malware blocking.
- Intelligent firewall.
- Reliable spam filter.
- Modern & Clean Interface.
- Effective multi-layered anti-ransomware.
- Comfortable menu.
- 23 languages available.
- Bitdefender Central.
- Lack of pop up tips.
- Safepay doesn’t open automatically.
- Can be resource-intensive.
- Online account requirement.
- Be Careful about Auto-Renewal.
- Minor ransomware cleanup issues.
- Not free.
5. Webroot Antivirus
Webroot Antivirus is one of the best lightweight Antivirus Software in the market. The Operating system works for Windows and Mac. Some stands out features include Malicious URL blocking, Behaviour- Based detention, and Vulnerability Scan. Always-on Security with identity protection and firewall monitor.
- Little to no performance impact.
- Lightning fast.
- Extremely light on system resources.
- Large malware database.
- Excellent Ransomware protection.
- Easy to use.
- No phone or live chat support.
- A limited number of devices.
6. Comodo Internet Security
Comodo Internet Security is a full protection suite providing sandbox, securing online storage, and hotspot protection (data encryption). Other features are secure online banking transactions, Cloud-based scanning, game mode, anti-spyware tools, bot protection, memory firewall, anti-malware tools.
- Firewall included.
- Realtime protection.
- Comes with a secure browser.
- Solid malware protection.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Highly Configurable.
- Effective Sandbox.
- Complicated setup.
- No Multi-device licensing.
- Phishing protection is below average.
- Slows the system down considerably.
- No webcam protection.
- It is Expensive.
7. McAfee Total Protection
It provides a smart licensing policy, which makes you protect as many devices as you want with one single license. McAfee offers a line-up of free tools that will allow you to implement parental controls and block spam. It protects your computers and gadgets from modern-day threats. It also provides a 30-day money-back guarantee, 24/7 support, and advanced encryption, among other services.
- Excellent malware protection.
- Great password manager.
- Device access control.
- The viruses are removed from your device 100%, without leaving any traces
- Scan scheduler
- Limited settings.
- Lack some useful security tools.
- Not enough information displayed in the notification window.
- Needs more of your system’s resources to work.
8. Eset Smart Security Premium
Eset Smart security has some unique features like a password manager, secure data vault, and connected home monitor. Other features include banking & payment protection, anti-theft, SysInspector, SysRescue Live, and others.
- Free trial.
- Highly configurable.
- Device access control.
- Available in 37 different languages.
- Cloud-based scanning.
- UEFI scanner.
- Moderate system impact.
- Firmware scanner.
- High-security level.
- No separate app.
- No virus signatures updates.
- ESET SysRescue Live requires an additional download.
- No default action setting, for every threat user action is required.
- No software for other platforms.
- Relatively expensive.
9. Dr.Web CureIt!
Dr.Web CureIt is a tool for anyone who wants to do a quality scan of their PC as quickly as possible. One has to download the app and run it. After you run the app, you can start the total scan of your PC for viruses.
It is capable of scanning all the viruses. Though the scanning of the contents of archives is off by default so you will have to turn it on manually. Also, it has several scanning options such as whitelist, default actions, report configuration, and power management options.
- It’s Free.
- 27 languages available.
- No update available.
- Only scan feature.
- Advertisements in the app.
10. 360 Total Security
360 Total Security is an Antivirus and a PC maintenance Software in one package. It is very much compatible with Windows XP and Windows 10 and also available on Mac OS and Android. Total Security offers shopping/webcam protection, a sandbox, keylogger blocking, and automatic Wi-Fi security checks.
- Desktop Gadget.
- TuneUp instruments.
- Cleanup and full scans are highly effective.
- Simple interface.
- Realtime cloud-based protection.
- Easy to use.
- Constant Ads.
- No password protection.
- Detailed scan configuration settings are not available.
- Some of the useful features aren’t available with the free version.
Additional Software Guides:
- Encryption Software for Windows or Mac
- Photo Editing Software and Collage Editor
- Torrent Clients, Programs and Downloader
- VPN for Mac – Download Free VPN for Mac
Nearly half of all consumers worldwide have been victims of cybercrime. Every link clicked, email opened, app downloaded, and network joined is an opportunity for hackers to compromise your data. And then there are new threats like cryptos jacking are continuously evolving. So to avoid such risks, you can choose any of the above Antiviruses to safeguard your data.